About the Campus Center
How is the center utilized?
|Year||Passes Through Doors|
This system is approximately 80% accurate in counting each person that enters or exits the facility.
*Walker Wireless counter system was not functional for 278 Entrance until 9/17/09.
Early Openings & Late Night Closings
How many early opening and late night closings has the Campus Center had since we have opened?
There have been 58 late night closings since we opened. There have been 55 early opens.
How many special events or requests and where in the Campus Center have these taken place?
There have been 87 Game Room Reservations since the Fall of 2009. We have had 3,518 Information Tables since we opened our doors.
In 2009-2010, there was a decrease in the number of events as a result of:
- Campus Center Administration tracked the number of cancellations more accurately.
- Campus Center Administration did not include any of the maintenance of rooms in the number of events as had been done in the past.
- The PNC Room (CE 148) was offline for the majority of the Spring 2010 semester as a result of the Campus Center floor work being done on the first floor.
In 2009-2010, the number of Departmental events decreased and the Non-University Affiliate events increased with the creation of the Category C Nonprofit Organizations pricing plan.
Computer Station Usage
|Year||Average Users Per Month|
|Year||Average Jobs Per Month|
**In 2010, one additional printer was added to both the Theatre Level and 3rd Floor.
- Rolled out game room rental policy and have had 17 reservations from 7/1/09 through 8/20/10.
- Hosted Ping Pong tournament in November 2009 and 9-Ball tournament in April 2010.
Cultural Arts Gallery
- The gallery served 5,753 people, an increase of 3,993 people from the previous year.
- The gallery hosted 11 different exhibits with art from IUPUI faculty, staff, students, alumni, and external artists including:
- The Confucius Institute
- Peg Brand
- BFA Ceramics
- IU School of Medicine Juried Art Exhibit
- IMANI Workshop
July 1, 2009 – June 30, 2010
The vision of the Campus Center is to create and enhance a sense of place and community on an urban university campus where learning, diversity, and tradition are respected, cultivated and honored.
The mission of the Campus Center is to complement the academic mission of Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis and enhance the campus community in service, partnership, and collaboration with students, faculty, staff, and the greater Indianapolis community.
- Meeting rooms are checked throughout the day to ensure lights and AV equipment are not left on unnecessarily.
- Shutting down escalators when the building is not open to the public.
- Reducing the number of student employees working on the weekends.
- Continuing to hire students that are eligible for federal work-study financial aid.
- Closed the Campus Center on Sundays during the months of June and July. Usage numbers and room reservations from the previous summer indicated the building had very low usage on Sundays during the summer.
- Closed the Game Room and Cultural Arts Gallery on Sundays from May 2010 through August 2010. Usage numbers from the previous summer indicated that these two spaces were not being visited on Sundays.
Awards and Recognition
- The American Institute of Architects Honor Award for Excellence in Design
- Northern Virginia AIA Award of Excellence for Institutional Architecture
- Award for Excellence in Design from the Virginia Society AIA
- 2008 AIA|DC Excellence in Architecture
- Featured in Building Design + Construction Magazine