Students, faculty and staff who have paid the IUPUI Recreation Fee and have a valid IUPUI Jag Tag I.D. may utilize the Natatorium Pool for recreational lap swimming. Please note that recreational lap swimming times may be occasionally adjusted due to events held at the pool. Click here for Natatorium adjusted times (which are subject to change without notice).
Competition Pool (for lap swimming only)
- Pool temperature is about 79 degrees
- 50-meter competition pool and 25-meter across with eight racing lanes
- Depth: 9'1" to 10'3" depth
- Holds approximately 900,000 gallons of water
- Has two movable bulkheads which change the length of the pool for other uses such as water polo, synchronized swimming and 25-meter races.
- Number of American Records set in pool to date: 90
- Number of World records set in pool to date: 11
What makes this pool "fast?"
- Triple lane markers reduce waves
- Flow through bulkhead minimizes backwash on turns
- Width of gutter
- Water returns through stainless steel lane lines
- Depth of pool means no backwash from swimmer's strokes
- Temperature of water helps reduce muscle fatigue
- Water temperature: 88 degrees
- 50-meter, six lane pool
- F floor section on the west end rises to zero depth and lowers to 4'6"
- Depth: East end is approximately 9.5 feet deep
- Number of gallons of water: approximately 450,000
For more information on the Natatorium, including lap swim closings, contact the Front Desk at (317) 274-3518 or visit the web site: http://www.iunat.iupui.edu/.