Online Housing Applications
Note: The online housing application requires payment of the $50.00 application fee via credit card only.
Apply for Housing
Applying for housing is an important step in beginning your college life. We know that students who live on campus do better in their classes, are actively involved in campus activities, and get the most out of their college experience.
You will find a wide range of housing options and opportunities at IUPUI. Before filling out the application, please take a moment to familiarize yourself with all the on-campus housing options, which will help you create a living environment that works best for you.
- Ball Residence Hall
- Campus Apartments on the Riverwalk
- Townhomes @ IUPUI Housing
- Residential Based Learning Communities
Here are a few things you will want to know about the housing application process:
- You do not have to be admitted to the university in order to apply for on-campus housing.
- The application for admission to the university is separate from an application for on-campus housing.
- On-campus housing is very limited, students are encouraged to apply early to optimize their chances of being offered a space. While applications are always accepted, there is no guarantee that a space will be available.
- Applications received without the required $50 application fee will not be processed.
- Housing space offers/contracts are prioritized by the date the housing application and fee is received in the Housing Contracts and Assignments Office.
- We make every effort to accommodate your requests for specific facilities or room type, however due to high demand for housing, this is not guaranteed.
Admitted international and out-of-state undergraduate students are guaranteed* on-campus housing if:
- The housing application and non-refundable fee are received in the Housing Office no later than 5pm, March 15 prior to the fall in which you wish to occupy.
- You complete your signed housing contract with your initial housing payment by the deadline stated on your housing contract.
Although this date has passed, we are still accepting housing applications for the upcoming academic year!
*If applications for on-campus housing exceed the number of housing spaces available, the University reserves the right to utilize residential common areas, local apartment facilities or hotels for residential purposes pending assignment or relocation to permanent living space.
Academic Year (Fall/Spring) Housing
Housing space offers and housing contracts will begin being mailed to students in March and on-going through move-in day. (Fall only contracts are not offered.)
Housing space offers and housing contracts mailed to students will begin being mailed in late November, early December.
Housing space offers and housing contract will begin being mailed to students in March.
Housing Space Offers/Contracts
Once the assignment process begins, housing contracts will be mailed out via US mail. International students will be sent the housing contracts via email. Prospective residents will be given no more than two-three weeks to review the contract, sign and return the contract with the required prepayment to the housing office by the requested due date to guarantee their housing space.
- All contracts will be for an entire academic year (Fall and Spring) or for the remainder of the current academic year if the contract is signed after the start of the Fall semester.
- There are financial penalties for breaking the housing contract, as it is legally binding, once signed.
- Contracts received after the due date printed on the contract may not be accepted, therefore applicants are encouraged to mail the contract at least 5 days prior to the contract due date.
- Contracts received without the required pre-payment may not be accepted.
- To maintain eligibility for on-campus housing, a student must maintain full time enrollment as defined by their academic program at IUPUI during the academic semesters (Fall & Spring). Enrollment is not required during the summer semesters.
- Residents that reside on campus and fulfill current housing contract who wish to to live on campus for the summer and/or the following academic year, will be given priority housing options.
Academic Year Contract:August 18, 2012 through May 6, 2013
Spring Semester:January 4, 2013 through May 6, 2013
December Holiday Break:Ball Hall will be closed at noon on Tuesday, December 18, 2012 until 8am on Friday, January 4, 2013
IUPUI Health Services will require all students living in IUPUI on-campus housing to provide documentation of vaccination or immunity to the following diseases: Measles, Mumps, Rubella (German Measles). For more information regarding this requirement, please contact IUPUI Health Services at www.health.iupui.edu. View sample Residential Students Immunization Requirements.