Individuals accepting assigned Campus Housing accommodations are required to make a pre-payment at the time the housing contract is signed. The amount of the prepayment required is dependent upon application status (current or new resident) and accommodations assigned. The amount due is listed on your contract(s). Prepayments must accompany the signed contract and be returned directly to the Housing Contracts and Assignments Office for processing.
- Ball Residence Hall: $400 prepayment applies directly to semester housing rental charges
- Campus Apartments: $400 prepayment applies directly to semester housing rental charges
- Townhomes: $400 prepayment applies directly to semester housing rental charges
Housing charges, including rent and communication package (for Apartments and Townhomes), are billed in full on a semesterly basis. They are due and payable according to the Bursar billing due dates with all housing charges paid in full prior to mid-term exam period. This does NOT mean that you can pay at the END of the semester.
Campus Apartments and Townhome residents may request to be billed on a monthly basis by indicating that preference on their housing contract. If you choose this billing option, your rent payments are due in full on the first day of each month, delinquent after the tenth day of each month. If you fail to keep your housing charges paid in full each month, we reserve the right to change your billing method back to semesterly. If you do not choose an option, the default billing will be by semester.
Your rent will be considered late if not paid in full and you will be subject to eviction procedures for non-payment.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY AND ALL PAYMENTS APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE OLDEST DEBT, WITH TUITION AND TUITION RELATED CHARGED WITH THE HIGHEST PAYMENT PRIORITY. YOU MAY NOT SELECT JUST TO PAY YOUR HOUSING CHARGES. YOU ARE THEREFORE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO MAKE SURE YOUR BURSAR ACCOUNT IS PAID IN FULL AT ALL TIMES.
- Housing rental charges for an Academic Year are posted in two installments prior to the beginning of the Fall and Spring semesters.
- All short-term contracts (less than ninety (90) days, no less than thirty (30) day charge, must be paid in full, prior to the start of the contract period.
- Occupancy of accommodation extending beyond any contract period requires additional charges based on the prevailing daily rate and availability. Extensions of stay, are less than thirty-one (31) days, and must be paid in full at the time of confirmation and approval.
- A late payment charge of $20 will be assessed if housing rental charges are not paid in full by the due date.
Daily rates apply for residence hall and apartment contract periods of less than a month/semester. The residence hall daily rate is determined by dividing the academic year rate by the number of days in the academic year. The Campus Apartments/Townhomes daily rates are determined by dividing the monthly rate by 30 days.
Financial Aid Recipients
Financial Aid recipients may use their financial aid (scholarships, grants, loans etc.) to pay for their housing charges. It is the responsibility of the resident to provide the Housing Office with further information pertinent to his/her financial aid status. The Office of Housing and Residence Life does not have access to a student's financial aid records.
NOTE: Regardless of your financial aid status, all housing charges must be paid in full. Your semester/monthly rental payments are NOT contingent upon receipt of financial aid.
Where to Make Payments-Payment Options (AFTER RENT CHARGES HAVE BEEN POSTED)
**HOUSING PREPAYMENTS MUST ACCOMPANY THE SIGNED HOUSING CONTRACTS — HOUSING PRE-PAYMENTS CANNOT BE PROCESSED VIA QUIKPAY**
- Self-Service On-line: Your student account, including all housing charges, can be paid over the internet by using a service called QuikPAY. QuikPAY can be found by logging into your OneStart account, view "Self Service" tab, find "Bursar" channel and click on "Make a Payment" (http://bursar.iupui.edu/quikpay.htm). You cannot use QuikPAY to pay the pre-payment amount.
- You may also create Authorized Payers, who can use a unique user code/password that you can assign. Authorized payers (parents, etc.) can set-up personal checking, credit card, or savings account information that can only be seen by the payer and they can access to make payment directly to your bursar account.
- In Person: In person services, drop box and payment processing Campus Center, Suite 250.
- US Mail: IUPUI Bursar Office, P. O. Box 6020, Indianapolis, IN 46206-6020
Checks should be made payable to IUPUI and should include your university identification number to ensure correct posting. Commonly accepted payment methods are cash, check, money order, and credit card. The following credit cards are accepted for payment: Visa, MasterCard and Discover.