SPEA's Justice and Pre-Law (JPL) Community
SPEA's Justice and Pre-Law community is a residential based learning community in The Tower for freshmen students interested in social justice and pre-law. Residents of the Justice and Pre-Law wing will live in an environment that fosters social responsibility within and outside of housing and IUPUI through developing and implementing meaningful initiatives for students to participate in.
In SPEA's Justice and Pre-Law wing, students may:
- Participate in activities that enhance knowledge and understanding of justice and pre-law topics
- Engage in research learning experiences
- Facilitate mentoring and networking
- Work as a team, including deciding on topics to cover each year and ways to facilitate change
- Engage in related service projects, as well as social and academic programming
- Actively participate in SPEA's Pathways to Law School program
- Get involved in related Summer Bridge and Themed Learning Community programs
The wing is set up with double and triple rooms. To be eligible for the Justice and Pre-Law Wing students must:
- Apply for IUPUI Housing by May 1st through the Office of Housing and Residence Life. Applications are available online.
- On the IUPUI Housing application, in the Residential Based Learning Communities section, select "SPEA's Justice and Pre-Law wing."
- Identify as a SPEA or Pre-Law major such as Criminal Justice, Public Safety Management, Civic Leadership, Management, Media and Public Affairs, Policy Studies, Sustainable Management and Policy, or anything Pre-Law. Exploratory students or students with an interest in Justice and Pre-Law are also encouraged to apply.