Resources for Project Planning
Resources for Planning Meaningful Service Projects
Make Your Service Meaningful!
Getting involved in community service is one of the best ways to develop leadership skills and build strong teamwork amongst a group. Successful service experiences should be well organized and encourage leadership and learning. Find out more information about how to get involved and access resources for your student organization below.
Volunteer as a group at a monthly service event!
Before you begin to plan your event, please take a look at our Risk Management page
There is a high amount of risk when planning a service event for others and a great deal to take into account. Will this project be safe? Are we keeping the interests and needs of the community in mind? Are we properly trained and skilled for this project? Read through our risk management pages or contact us for more information.
Get money for your community service event!
There are many great sources for funding your quality service project or civic engagement event.
- IUPUI Funding Grants
- Indiana Campus Compact Service Mini-Grants
- MTVU Social Change grants
- Indianapolis Colts Jr. Community Quarterback Award
- Youth Service America grants
Request a service workshop to come to your organization or class!
Contact the Office of Community Service for more information.
- Make it Meaningful: Planning One Time Service Projects
- The Principles of Servant Leadership
- The Five Critical Elements of Thoughtful Service
- The Social Change Model of Leadership Development
- Why Volunteer? Find the Best Volunteer Opportunity for You
Service project planning tools
Volunteering for Jaguars in the Street
Volunteer Information Sheets about Social Issues
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Domestic Violence
- Education & Literacy
- Global & Peace Issues
- Government & Public Policy
- Health & Medicine
- Hispanic & Latino Issues
- Senior Citizens
For more resources on volunteer opportunities in Indianapolis, please visit: